MSO5000 series digital oscilloscopes are a high-performance oscilloscope range designed based on RIGOL UltraVision II technology. With a 9-inch capacitive multi-touch screen, the MSO5000 series integrates 7 independent instruments into one, delivering super sample bandwidth ratio, extremely high memory depth, and other excellent specifications.
A unique feature of the MSO5000 series is that users can “grow” their scope over time. Bandwith, channel count, memory and arbitrary/function generator are all software upgradeable. This allows people with limited budget to start by purchasing a lower bandwidth unit and adding to it as funds allow, making them more future-proof than any other oscilloscope on the market.
They are compact and portable in design, and all of the MSO series products support multiple channels, bandwidths, and the upgrade of the analysis software. As it integrates many functions of multiple instruments, different user groups can have more choices in selecting their desired product based on their needs.
Rigol MSO5000 Series highlights:
- Analog bandwidth: 350 MHz, 200 MHz, 100 MHz, and 70 MHz; bandwidth upgrade option supported
- 2 or 4 analog channels (upgradable), standard 16 digital channels(LA probe required)
- Up to 8 GSa/s real-time sample rate
- Up to 200 Mpts memory depth (option)
- High waveform capture rate (over 500,000 wfm/s)
- Auto measurement of 41 waveform parameters; full-memory hardware measurement function
- A variety of serial protocol triggers and decodes
- Up to 450,000 frames of hardware real-time and ceaseless waveforms recording and playback functions
- Independent search, navigation keys, and event table
- Built-in advanced power analysis software (option)
- Integrates 7 independent instruments into 1, including a digital oscilloscope, a logic analyzer, a spectrum analyzer, an arbitrary waveform generator, a digital voltmeter, a frequency counter and totalizer, and a protocol analyzer
- 9-inch capacitive multi-touch screen, 256-level intensity grading display, with color persistence
- Multiple interfaces available: USB HOST&DEVICE, LAN(LXI), HDMI, TRIG OUT, and USB-GPIB
- Web Control remote command
- Unique online version upgrade
See the MSO5000 video review below by Dave Jones of EEVBlog: