METAL LENS 450
The entry level, low cost LENS 450 system is ideally suited for universities, researchers, metal powder developers and others exploring the benefits of metal additive manufacturing. The system is built on industry proven LENS technology and can be used for additive manufacturing and repair applications for small parts.
LENS systems uses a high-power laser to fuse powdered metals into fully dense three-dimensional structures. The LENS 3D printer uses the geometric information contained in a Computer-Aided Design (CAD) solid model to automatically drive the LENS process as it builds up a component layer by layer.
The LENS 3D printer can process a wide variety of metals including titanium, nickel-base superalloys, stainless steels and tool steels – all of which are commercially available in the required powder form.
The results from LENS consistently demonstrate better metallurgical and mechanical properties than other processes due to an improved microstructure. For example, LENS-deposited 316SS typically has a cellular spacing of just a few microns, which leads to yield strengths approaching twice that of conventionally processed 316SS.
LENS 450 System Standard Features
- Hermetically Sealed Class 1 Laser Enclosure
- 100 x 100 x 100 mm Process Work Envelope
- 3 Axis CNC Control System
- Argon Purge System
- Integrated Powder Feeder
- 400 W IPG Fiber Laser
LENS 450 System Capabilities
- Low-cost entry to Metal 3D Printing
- Direct from CAD to Part – no tooling
- Superior Material Properties – full functionality
- Near Net Shape build or repair – minimal finishing
- Low Heat Input – Low distortion and Heat Affected Zone
- High Efficiency Laser – Low cost of ownership