The Metal X is the world’s first Atomic Diffusion Additive Manufacturing (ADAM) machine. It’s up to 10x less expensive than alternative metal additive manufacturing technologies — and up to a 100x less than traditional fabrication technologies like machining or casting. Affordable, reliable, and easy to use, the Metal X print system gives you everything you need to go from design to fully functional metal parts faster than ever before.
- Materials: 3D print parts from 8 different metals, including Titanium 6-4 and 17-4 stainless steel
- Volume: Print big with the 300 x 220 x 180 mm (WDH) build volume
- Precision: Print accurately thanks to in-process laser inspection
- Resolution: Print fine detail, down to a layer height of 50-microns
Atomic Diffusion Additive Manufacturing
At the intersection of 3D printing and metal injection molding, ADAM is an all new way to build metal parts.
- CAD your part, upload the STL, and select from a wide range of metals. The Eiger software does the rest making printing the right part easy.
- Metal powder bound in plastic is printed a layer at a time into the shape of your part. Parts are scaled up to compensate for shrinkage during the sintering process.
Wash & Sinter
- Printed parts go through a washing stage to remove some of the binder. They are then sintered in a furnace and the metal powder fuses into solid metal.
- Pure metal and up to 99.7% dense, the final parts are ready for use. They can be processed and treated just like any other metal parts
This Ducati Brake level is made of Stainless Steel 17-4. It was printed on the Metal X in a time of 4 hours 45 minutes.
With automatic version control, real-time fleet management and cloud-based collaboration, Eiger is the world’s most advanced 3D printing software. Designed from the ground up to make manufacturing simpler, Eiger enables you to print plastic, metal and composite parts straight from your browser.